Re: Link to bug webpage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Please reinstate the page, and allow some facility to edit them. I will try
> to work through them *slowly* to verify they are reproducible/not
> reproducible in 7.1.3 and in the current CVS, then mark them as fixed in
> the appropriate release. Hopefully other people will do the same with bugs
> they know about.

I think you are wasting your time, unless you can get the community as a
whole to buy into the notion that it's a profitable use of our time to
try to maintain this bug database.

Personally I won't spend any time on it, because it has exactly the
same flaws that made our previous experiment in bug-tracking go down in
flames: it's incomplete (doesn't track bugs reported via the mailing
lists) and at the same time too complete (tracks everything sent in
via that web form, which includes a lot of non-bugs).

Vince, if I were you I'd just make the page point to the pgsql-bugs
archives (http://www.ca.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-bugs/), which
at least gives people the right impression about activity.