PQexec() 8191 bytes limit and text fields

От Steve Howe
Тема PQexec() 8191 bytes limit and text fields
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

       Writing my interface application, which use the PQexec library, I
came across the PQexec() queries 8191 bytes limit.       What useful are 4Gb text fields if I have this limit ?       I
mean,if a user make an update to this field, with a large value

(let's say, 4Mb), do I have to call PQexec multiple (more then 500) times,
concatenating the strings each time I call it ??? Can't this be better
implemented ? This is too slow, and generates much more traffic then I ever
wish.       This problem also plagues the large objects API, since they're only
a wrapper to the built-in large objects API.       Does anyone have a better way of doing this ?

Best Regards,
Steve Howe
http://www.vitavoom.com