Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On 02/21/2018 08:18 AM, Sudalai wrote:

>>> And if it's segfaulting, it has to mean specinsert is NULL. So either we
>>> never got REORDER_BUFFER_CHANGE_INTERNAL_SPEC_INSERT, or we threw it
>>> away in the "change_done" part. Seems strange in both cases.
>
> Yes, specinsert is NULL.
>
>>> Sudalai, are you using speculative inserts in the transaction?
> Yes . We have done ON CONFLICT  DO NOTHING .
>

> Is it correct to add below check ,
>       if(specinsert == NULL ){
>          goto change_done;
>        }
> before ,  Assert(specinsert->data.tp.oldtuple == NULL);  to fix segfault ?

That seems unlikely to fix the root cause - more likely it's going to
mask it in some strange way. We need to understand why it does happen
(i.e. specinsert is not expected to be NULL here).

It would really help if you could provide a self-contained test case
demonstrating the issue, as mentioned by Andres.

regards

От: Victor Yegorov
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views