Re: Trigger is not working for Inserts from the application

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Trigger is not working for Inserts from the application
Дата
Re: Trigger is not working for Inserts from the application  (Kiran <bangalore.kiran@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 09/10/2016 03:59 AM, Kiran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> *Problem background :*
> I have a *function in the DB* as follows
> CREATE FUNCTION question_tsv_trigger() RETURNS trigger AS
> $BODY$
> begin
> New.weighted_tsv :=
> to_tsvector('swedish',coalesce(New.body->>'qtext','')::text);
> RAISE NOTICE 'TRIGER called on %', TG_TABLE_NAME;
> return New;
> end
> $BODY$
> LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE
> COST 100;
>
> **Trigger in the DB:**
> CREATE TRIGGER insert_upd_question_tsvector BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE
> ON myschema.cf_question
> FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE question_tsv_trigger();
>
> If I insert a record from my application using following code :
> db.myschema.cf_question.insert({
> cf_question_type_id:request.payload.type_id,
> cf_question_category_id:request.payload.cat_id,
> lang:request.payload.lang,
> body:request.payload.body
> }
>
> The above app code inserts the record in the DB, but the respective trigger
> in the database is not triggered hence the "weighted_tsv" columns is empty
> for this record.
>
> But if I insert a record from the postgres psql, it will insert and
> the respective trigger is working perfectly.
>
> What could be the problem ? Why trigger is not working if I insert from the
> application ? Am I doing anything wrong ?
> Any help would be really really appreciated.

If you have not, turn on log_statement:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

Then check your log to see what the application is sending to the database.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Alexander Farber
Сообщение: Re: Comibining UPDATE ... SET ... FROM (SELECT ...) with a JOIN