Re: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node

От tstump@regenstrief.org (Tim Stump)
Тема Re: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node
Дата
Список pgsql-general
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote in message news:<11222.1045258379@sss.pgh.pa.us>...
> tstump@regenstrief.org (Tim Stump) writes:
> > I'm trying to drop a view from my postgres database and getting the
> > following error:
> > ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node
>
> This suggests either that you have a corrupted entry in pg_rewrite,
> or that the database is somehow version-incompatible with the backend
> (ie, the backend is expecting a different parsetree-node layout than
> what is in the database entry for the view).
>
> Would you show us the output from
>
> select * from pg_rewrite where ev_class = (select oid from pg_class
> where relname = 'the-troublesome-view');
>
> If you don't really care about determining the cause, you could just
> manually DELETE the view's row from pg_class, and then you should be
> able to dump.  But it would be interesting to figure out how you got
> into this state.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Tom,

Thanks for the information.  I manually deleted the view from the
pg_class table, but then I could not re-create the view (i.e., using
the same name).  There must be some other system table that stores
information out there besides pg_class.  At least I could create a
dump file of the entire database. Then I dropped the database and
restored from the dump file.  After this, I was able to create the
view just fine. Not sure if that is the optimal solution, but it
worked.  Thanks again for your help.

--Tim