Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/20/22 12:18, Guyren Howe wrote:
> I’ve really only ever worked in web development. 90+% of web developers
> regard doing anything at all clever in the database with suspicion.
>
> I’m considering working on a book about implementing business logic in
> Postgres, and I’m curious about how common that actually is.

For my purposes keeping this logic in the database makes changing or
running multiple front ends easier. There is one place to change the
logic vs keeping the same logic in different front ends in potentially
different languages in sync. So for me it is common.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry
Сообщение: Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry