Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry

От Philip Semanchuk
Тема Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Apr 20, 2022, at 3:18 PM, Guyren Howe <guyren@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve really only ever worked in web development. 90+% of web developers regard doing anything at all clever in the
databasewith suspicion.

> I’m considering working on a book about implementing business logic in Postgres, and I’m curious about how common
thatactually is.

We have some business logic in Postgres functions, particularly triggers. Our apps are written in Python, and we use
pytestto exercise our SQL functions to ensure they're doing what we think they’re doing. It works well for us.

FWIW, we’re not a Web dev shop.

Cheers
Philip

Сообщение: RE: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry
Сообщение: Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry