Re: [Patch] Log10 and hyperbolic functions for SQL:2016 compliance

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: [Patch] Log10 and hyperbolic functions for SQL:2016 compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/02/2019 06:44, Lætitia Avrot wrote:
> Hi Andrew and Tom,
>
> I considered that option before writing my patch but I refrained for 2
> reasons:
>
> - There is no consensus about how to name these functions. The
> standard 8000-2 goes with arsinh, arcosh and artanh,
>   but you will find easily arcsinh, arccosh and arctanh or even
> argsinh, argcosh and argtanh. In IT, the names asinh,
>   acosh and atanh are commonly used too. We might implement them with
> asinh, acosh and atanh names and add
>   aliases if SQL standard decide to add it under other names though.
[...]
> Le dim. 3 févr. 2019 à 16:12, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> a écrit :
>
>     Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk
>     <mailto:andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>> writes:
>     > The spec doesn't require the inverse functions (asinh, acosh,
>     atanh),
>     > but surely there is no principled reason to omit them?
>
>     +1 --- AFAICS, the C library has offered all six since C89.
>
>                             regards, tom lane

[...]

I can only remember coming across the asinh, acosh, and atanh forms.  In
45 years of programming.

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Fixing findDependentObjects()'s dependency on scan order(regressions in DROP diagnostic messages)