Re: corrupted item pointer:???

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: corrupted item pointer:???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz@gmail.com> writes:
> On 4/13/06, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
>> Hmm - I believe that means a data/index block was corrupted.
> indices were recreated (reindex table), so i think this is data related
> problem.
AFAICS, the only non-index-related occurrence of that error message
is in PageRepairFragmentation, which is invoked by VACUUM.  I'd say
it indicates a real problem and you shouldn't ignore it.  You might
try using pg_filedump or some such to examine the table and see if
there's anything obvious about what happened to the corrupted page.

i'm not familiar with this utility.
i can of course find it using google, but how do i check what is wrong?
i am even willing to upload the dump file, but with 4 milion records in table, it is going to be rather large...
pg_relation_size says that the table is about 3g i size

depesz

От: "hubert depesz lubaczewski"
Сообщение: Re: corrupted item pointer:???
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: corrupted item pointer:???