Re: corrupted item pointer:???

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: corrupted item pointer:???
Дата
Re: corrupted item pointer:???  ("hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/

> i can of course find it using google, but how do i check what is wrong?

pg_filedump will complain about a bad item pointer (looks like the
message will be something about "Error: Item contents extend beyond block")

> i am even willing to upload the dump file, but with 4 milion records in
> table, it is going to be rather large...

I don't think we want to see the whole thing!  But "pg_filedump -i -f"
output would be interesting for the specific block(s) that pg_filedump
reports errors for.