Re: tuple concurrently updated

От Walter Nordmann
Тема Re: tuple concurrently updated
Дата
Re: tuple concurrently updated  (Evan Bauer <evanbauer@mac.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
updates are done using a program, that is without my control: osm2pgsql.
this program does everthing which is necessary including locking. and
it't running for years on many, many openstreetmap servers.

because there was a crash before, it must be a data corruption problem,
not programming error.

regards

walter

Am 28.08.2018 um 15:45 schrieb pavan95:
> Hi Walter,
>
> Why can't you go with a postgres service restart in order to get rid of this
> error?
>
>> DELETE FROM planet_osm_line WHERE osm_id = -166570;
>> FEHLER:  tuple concurrently updated
> Concurrent transactions can update or delete one or more of those rows
> before DELETE can lock the rows (at least with the default isolation level
> READ COMMITTED). This would result in your error message.
>
> To defend against this race condition, lock the rows in the SELECT with FOR
> UPDATE (or other options)
>
> Regards,
> Pavan
>

> --
> Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html

Сообщение: Re: tuple concurrently updated
Сообщение: Re: tuple concurrently updated