Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS

От Ericson Smith
Тема Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For us?

Stability. Pure and simple. It ended up that the site was faster too.
One issue with postgresql is that connection time is slower than
mysql. Otherwise most everything else is just as fast or faster.

So with Ruby on Rails, there is a persistent connections from the
container, and that disadvantage dissapears. If there's anything slow
in the site, its ruby template rendering, database access generally is
10% or less of total time it takes to generate our most popular pages.

Ericson Smith
Developer
http://www.funadvice.com