Re: pgsql: Add --exclude-database option to pg_dumpall

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Add --exclude-database option to pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 3/1/19 12:56 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 3/1/19 12:04 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> Add --exclude-database option to pg_dumpall
>> Buildfarm seems to think you got the test case wrong ...
>>

> Hmm, Of course I tested this. It's passing on Linux boxes like crake and
> prion, but failing on OSX and FBSD boxes.
>

> I guess that's what we have a buildfarm for :-)
>

> here's the error:
>

>     #   Failed test 'pg_dumpall: option --exclude-database requires an argument: matches'
>     #   at t/001_basic.pl line 154.
>     #                   'pg_dumpall: option `--exclude-database' requires an argument
>     # Try "pg_dumpall --help" for more information.
>     # '
>     #     doesn't match '(?^:pg_dumpall\:\ option\ \'\-\-exclude\-database\'\ requires\ an\ argument)'
>

> Why is that backtick there? That looks like the culprit, coming from the
> GetOpt implementation presumably.
>

> I guess I can replace the first quote with a class containing ['`]

... and on Windows the result is radically different:

    #   Failed test 'pg_dumpall: option --exclude-database requires an argument: matches'
    #   at t/001_basic.pl line 154.
    #                   'H:\prog\bf\root\HEAD\pgsql.build\tmp_install\bin\pg_dumpall.EXE: option requires an argument
--exclude-database

    # Try "pg_dumpall --help" for more information.
    # '
    #     doesn't match '(?^:pg_dumpall\:\ option\ \'\-\-exclude\-database\'\ requires\ an\ argument)'

I'm somewhat inclined just to abandon the test. It's at best of marginal
use.

cheers

andrew