Re: Postgres and LibreOffice's 'Base'

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgres and LibreOffice's 'Base'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/04/2016 08:47 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> Base is basically a GUI over the database.
>
> Adrian,
>
>   That's what I assumed it to be.
>
>> That being said my experience with Base is that is not up to the task. It
>> worked for me early on, but development on Base lagged relative to the
>> other modules in LO. My recent attempts have been less successful. Exact
>> examples on why, will have to wait on me dredging up the memories.
>
>   I'm very open to suggestions what to use for the UI. I'm not a
> professional coder and learning SQLAlchemy or Django takes too much time
> away from my business.
>
>   My clients all run Windows about which I know nothing. Is there a GUI for
> postgres that works on all platforms and suitable for someone like me?

That is why I ended up learning Django, I could not find a GUI that was
cross platform and had the capabilities I needed. Others might have
suggestions. It would help though if you could list what you want in a
GUI platform:

1) Form/report designer?

2) Widgets beyond the basics?

3) Programming language bindings?