Re: Duplicate history file?

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Duplicate history file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/06/09 15:58, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Thank you for fixing the patch.
>> The new patch works well in my environment. :-D
>
> This may not be important at this time since it is a
> PoC patch, but I would like to inform you that there
> was a line that contained multiple spaces instead of tabs.
>
> $ git diff --check
> src/backend/access/transam/xlogarchive.c:465: trailing whitespace.
> +

Even with the patch, if "test ! -f ..." is used in archive_command,
you may still *easily* get the trouble that WAL archiving keeps failing?

Instead, we should consider and document "better" command for
archive_command, or implement something like pg_archivecopy command
into the core (as far as I remember, there was the discussion about
this feature before...)?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao