Re: Duplicate history file?

От Tatsuro Yamada
Тема Re: Duplicate history file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021/06/09 16:23, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On 2021/06/09 15:58, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
>> This may not be important at this time since it is a
>> PoC patch, but I would like to inform you that there
>> was a line that contained multiple spaces instead of tabs.
>>
>> $ git diff --check
>> src/backend/access/transam/xlogarchive.c:465: trailing whitespace.
>> +
>
> Even with the patch, if "test ! -f ..." is used in archive_command,
> you may still *easily* get the trouble that WAL archiving keeps failing?

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, it may solve the error when using the test command, but it is
dangerous to continue using the cp command, which is listed as an
example of an archive command.

> Instead, we should consider and document "better" command for
> archive_command, or implement something like pg_archivecopy command
> into the core (as far as I remember, there was the discussion about
> this feature before...)?

I agree with that idea.
Since archiving is important for all users, I think there should be
either a better and safer command in the documentation, or an archive
command (pg_archivecopy?) that we provide as a community, as you said.
I am curious about the conclusions of past discussions. :)

Regards,
Tatsuro Yamada