redundant databases for 24hx7d operation

От Giorgio Verde
Тема redundant databases for 24hx7d operation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am a newbie in postgres and I need to organise a database mirroring
library for continous operation with very short recovery time in case one
of the 2 database copies fails.. As I saw that this problem has already
been experienced by more than one in this newgroup, i would like to ask for
some suggestions of the best ways to solve the problem.

I am currently thinking of using trigger functions for this problem.. is
this a good approach? What is the best approach for database resync after
failure?

Thank you very much,
Giorgio Verde