Re: Re: UNION in a VIEW?

От Gordon A. Runkle
Тема Re: Re: UNION in a VIEW?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
In article <web-34336@davinci.ethosmedia.com>, "Josh Berkus"
<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Tom ... and I realize that we're talking about features for version 7.3
> or later ... a direct way to approach it would be to do a push-down on
> simple UNION views, and to do output filtering on UNION views wich
> contain a CASE, any subselect, or CAST expression (or similar) on the
> filtered columns.

This sounds right to me.  (Which is easy for me to say, as
I'm not the one with the know-how to actually do it!)  I'd
like to see cases like my example (simple joins) work, since
that's the main reason for doing the UNION in the first place.
I came up with a data workaround in my case, so I'm set for now)

Gordon.
--
It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster.  -- Greg LeMond

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: