RE: RE: serial type; race conditions

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема RE: RE: serial type; race conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
OK:
*    Transaction 1 commences, sets seed to seed + 1
*    Transaction 2 commences, sets seed to seed + 1
*    Transaction 1 inserts into some_table, selects seed (sequence now
has a hole)
*    Transaction 2 inserts into some_table, selects seed (same value as
just used by transaction 1)
*    The second transaction to commit will either create a duplicate
"seed" value, or roll back because of a unique constraint, still leaving a
hole in the sequence.