Re: Trouble with postgres_fdw & dblink extensions

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Trouble with postgres_fdw & dblink extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/15/18 3:23 PM, Lukáš Sobotka wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would be grateful for some help. I am writing you because I am
> confused about using data foreign wrappers and dblink. I attached
> simplified script describing the problem.
>
> What I am trying to do?
> I have two databases and I need to copy table from local database to the
> remote one. For copying is used function which contains a few parts:
>
>   *

>   *
>
>     creating destination table on remote db
>
>   *
>
>     importing foreign table
>
>   *
>
>     insert data into foreign table
>
> If query using foreign table (with setting) is performed, command for
> importing schema does not import new created table (it looks like table
> is not created yet). So copying ends with error. The second calling of
> function is all right (because destination table is already created from
> first calling).
> If function does not use foreign table, the first calling of function
> copies all data.
>
> Why the new created remote table can not be imported to local database
> when I had performed query on other foreign table? What am I missing?

Should this:

dblink('test_server_link' ...)

not be:

dblink_exec('test_server_link' ...)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Trouble with postgres_fdw & dblink extensions
От: Sachin Kotwal
Сообщение: Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM