Connecting to a remote db server

От Struckhoff, Kevin
Тема Connecting to a remote db server
Дата
Re: Connecting to a remote db server  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

I've installed postgres 9.2 on a server, call it db01. I now want to access postgres from my app server, call it app01.

What do I install on the app01 server? I've installed postgres 9.2 on it and set the postgresesql.conf file's listen_address to a value of '*' on both machines. I've also modified the pg_hba.conf file to be wide open for now on both machines.

It seems that something else is missing or needs to be done. Googling wasn't much help, the results weren't current.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin Struckhoff

kstruckhoff@ebay.com