Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

От David Costa
Тема Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mar 1, 2004, at 10:08 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> David Costa wrote:
>> Fine, thanks for the clarification. Just for the sake of transparency
>>  I am working on my own code implementation for the IP2country on
>> postgresql mirrors,
>> nothing borrowed from horde to avoid any possible trouble. I will
>> upload on my beta space as soon as possible.
>
> Current implementation of ip2country in portal was written by Andreas,
> I didn't change it at all. I don't think there can be problems with
> that.

Well, AFAIK is not available at the moment so if I find the time I will
try to code it up in the upcoming days :D

> I wanted to borrow some code (Lang class, to be exact) for handling
> *gettext* issues.
>
>> It should be fine as pear classes are not part of the source three as
>> these are only in the include dir (which is outside of the three).
>> I will not modify any existing pear class.
>> BTW Pear classes are released under PHP license, this should be
>> different then LGPL isn't it ?
>
> Different PEAR classes are released under different licenses, AFAIK
> there exist BSD and LGPL licensed ones.

yes well using a class is possible regardless of its license as it will
not be part of the source three.
I checked your beta, very nice, that said I would not recommend using a
template system aka smarty or any pear template. It will tie the
website development to the development/API of that specific class and
to me, is not good.

Cheers
David

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Alexey Borzov
Сообщение: Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?
От: www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Сообщение: New Event