Re: BUG #2838: Compile error "tab-complete.c" on Mac OS X

От Thomas Jahnsen
Тема Re: BUG #2838: Compile error "tab-complete.c" on Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Dec 19, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Thomas Jahnsen" <tjahnsenX@netscape.net> writes:
>> I try to compile PostgreSQL 8.2, but it fails in the file "tab-
>> complete.c"
>> (src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c). It reports an undeclared function
>> call;
>> 'rl_filename_completion_function'
>
> Please be specific about the version of libreadline (or Apple's
> libedit)
> you are using.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I'm not terribly UNIX-savvy, so I don't really know how to get a
library version ala 'program --version', but I have "libreadline.
5.2.dylib" and "libreadline.5.0.dylib", and the man-page says it's
for version 5.0. I haven't changed my readline installation since I
compiled and installed PostgreSQL 8.1.1, and then it worked with no
problems.
I have an installation in both "/usr" and "/usr/local" - with "/usr/
local" taking precedence - maybe it gets confused, but they seem to
be the same version.

I have in the meantime found a workaround - if I specify '--with-
libedit-preferred', it compiles fine.

Thomas Jahnsen