Re: add label to enum syntax

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: add label to enum syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 27, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> The reason I chose LABEL was that it's consistent with what we have used elsewhere, both in the docs and the catalog.
ButI'm not strongly wedded to it. If it's a choice between ELEMENT and VALUE, I too prefer VALUE at it seems likelier
toconvey the sense of what we're doing to a naive user.

FWIW, MySQL seems to call them values:

> An ENUM is a string object with a value chosen from a list of permitted values that are enumerated explicitly in the
columnspecification at table creation time.

-- http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/enum.html

Best,

David

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: plan time of MASSIVE partitioning ...
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Bikeshedding on enum vocabulary