Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

От scott ribe
Тема Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
There seem to be 2 fundamental misunderstandings here:

1) That other processes cannot see data written to a file until it is flushed to disk; this is not true; while file
datais still in file cache, it is visible to other processes.

2) That rsync writes the file on the destination directly; it does not; it writes into a temporary file and renames
thatfile when it is complete.

> On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:53 AM, Nagy László Zsolt <gandalf@shopzeus.com> wrote:
>

>> Just use "-ac”;  you want -c option to ensure no data corruption during the transfer.  Do not delete the file; let
Postgresmanage that.

--
Scott Ribe
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottribe/

Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network