Re: Inconsistent Errors on Row Comparisons

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Inconsistent Errors on Row Comparisons
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 30, 2009, at 1:40 PM, David Fetter wrote:

>> Yes, that's my ideal, but Tom says I need to write C code to get that
>> information from RECORD objects, alas. :-(
>
> Would this be the first C piece?  If not, it might be worth doing.

I don't understand the question. But yes, I think it'd be worth doing.
I'd like to have functions like:
    pg_record_attrs(RECORD) RETURNS SETOF regtype[]

And maybe another function to return attribute names. If it could
returns both names and types, that'd be cool, but I'm not sure what
kind of data type that would be.

Does this sound interesting to other folks?

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent Errors on Row Comparisons
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent Errors on Row Comparisons