Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory configuration

От Todd Landfried
Тема Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory configuration
Дата
Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory configuration
Список pgsql-performance
Yes, it is 7.2. Why? because an older version of our software runs on
RH7.3 and that was the latest supported release of Postgresql for
RH7.3 (that we can find). We're currently ported to 8, but we still
have a large installed base with the other version.

On Jun 15, 2005, at 7:18 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Dennis Bjorklund <db@zigo.dhs.org> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Todd Landfried wrote:
>>
>>> NOTICE:  shared_buffers is 256
>>>

>> This looks like it's way too low. Try something like 2048.
>>

> It also is evidently PG 7.2 or before; SHOW's output hasn't looked
> like
> that in years.  Try a more recent release --- there's usually
> nontrivial
> performance improvements in each major release.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> majordomo@postgresql.org)

Сообщение: Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory configuration
Сообщение: Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory