Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory

От Mark Lewis
Тема Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
We run the RPM's for RH 7.3 on our 7.2 install base with no problems.
RPM's as recent as for PostgreSQL 7.4.2 are available here:
ftp://ftp10.us.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/binary/v7.4.2/redhat/redhat-7.3/

Or you can always compile from source.  There isn't any such thing as a
'supported' package for RH7.2 anyway.

-- Mark Lewis

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 07:46 -0700, Todd Landfried wrote:
> Yes, it is 7.2. Why? because an older version of our software runs on
> RH7.3 and that was the latest supported release of Postgresql for
> RH7.3 (that we can find). We're currently ported to 8, but we still
> have a large installed base with the other version.
>

> On Jun 15, 2005, at 7:18 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> This looks like it's way too low. Try something like 2048.
> >>

> > It also is evidently PG 7.2 or before; SHOW's output hasn't looked
> > like
> > that in years.  Try a more recent release --- there's usually
> > nontrivial
> > performance improvements in each major release.
> >
> >             regards, tom lane

> >     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to
> > majordomo@postgresql.org)

Сообщение: Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory configuration
Сообщение: Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory configuration