Re: WIP patch (v2) for updatable security barrier views

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: WIP patch (v2) for updatable security barrier views
Дата
Re: WIP patch (v2) for updatable security barrier views  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > AFAICS the only area of objection is the handling of inherited
> > relations, which occurs within the planner in the current patch. I can
> > see that would be a cause for concern since the planner is pluggable
> > and it would then be possible to bypass security checks. Obviously
> > installing a new planner isn't trivial, but doing so shouldn't cause
> > collateral damage.
>
> FWIW, I don't see any way _not_ to do that in RLS. If there are security
> quals on a child table, they must be added, and that can only happen once
> inheritance expansion happens. That's in the planner.
>
> I don't see it as acceptable to ignore security quals on child tables, and
> if we can't, we've got to do some work in the planner.
>
> (I'm starting to really loathe inheritance).

Let me ask an elemental question. What is the reason why inheritance
expansion logic should be located on the planner stage, not on the tail
of rewriter?
Reference to a relation with children is very similar to reference of
multiple tables using UNION ALL. Isn't it a crappy idea to move the
logic into rewriter stage (if we have no technical reason here)?

Thanks,
--
NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>