Does people favor to have matrix data type?

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Does people favor to have matrix data type?
Дата
Re: Does people favor to have matrix data type?  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
In a few days, I'm working for a data type that represents matrix in
mathematical area. Does people favor to have this data type in the core,
not only my extension?

Like oidvector or int2vector, it is one of array type with a few
restrictions:- 2 dimensional only- never contains NULL- element type is real or float- no lower bounds of array

A vector in mathematic is a special case of matrix; either 1xN or Nx1.

We can define various operators between matrix/scalar, like: matrix + matrix -> matrix matrix - scalar -> matrix matrix
*matrix -> matrix transform(matrix) -> matrix        :

How about people's thought?

If overall consensus is welcome to have, I'll set up a patch.

Thanks,
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>