Re: How to check whether PostgreSQL server is up and running?

От dayat
Тема Re: How to check whether PostgreSQL server is up and running?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ok let's to create a cluster for you, be sure the pg8 directory owned by postgres user and the directory is empty.

[postgres@callisto]$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-8.3.7/pg8 -U postgres -W

Type your password if they ask, wait initdb process until finish.

And try the server:
[postgres@callisto]$ pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-8.3.7/pg8 start

enter to database postgres with user postgres and type your password
[postgres@callisto]$ psql postgres postgres -W

Tell me if this not work.

Regards
Hidayat