Re: Log File Melancholy

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Log File Melancholy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@eku.edu> writes:
> could not lookup DNS configuration info service: (ipc/send) invalid
> destination port
> LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": nodename nor servname provided,
> or not known
> LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket

> I cannot figure out where the "could not lookup DNS..." line
> is coming from...

Presumably from inside getaddrinfo(), since the subsequent LOG message
is Postgres complaining that getaddrinfo didn't work.

> Am I unique?

Works for me on both 32- and 64-bit Snow Leopard installations, and for
at least one Snow Leopard machine in the buildfarm.  There must be
something funny about the DNS configuration on your machines, but
there's no way to tell what from here.