Re: Log File Melancholy

От Jerry LeVan
Тема Re: Log File Melancholy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 23, 2009, at 7:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@eku.edu> writes:
>> could not lookup DNS configuration info service: (ipc/send) invalid
>> destination port
>> LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": nodename nor servname provided,
>> or not known
>> LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket
>
>> I cannot figure out where the "could not lookup DNS..." line
>> is coming from...
>
> Presumably from inside getaddrinfo(), since the subsequent LOG message
> is Postgres complaining that getaddrinfo didn't work.
>
>> Am I unique?
>
> Works for me on both 32- and 64-bit Snow Leopard installations, and
> for
> at least one Snow Leopard machine in the buildfarm.  There must be
> something funny about the DNS configuration on your machines, but
> there's no way to tell what from here.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Snow Leopard and Postgresql works for me *finally*.

I did a clean install on a spare firewire disk and only added the
postgresql
stuff.

I did a 64bit build, inited the db and imported a dump from the other
system.

I started the database manually as in the INSTALL note and everything
started
properly.

I just about decided that I needed to do a clean install on my main
machine, but
I decided to do one more test.

I copied the PostgreSQL StartupItem directory from my main machine and
rebooted.
I got the same errors as I have been complaining about!

A few more tweaks and restarts showed I could manually restart
postgresql from
the command line but I could not start postgresql properly from the
StartupItems
boot process.

I have been using the same startup setup for years and years....

I suspected that the problem was that the Postgresql system was
getting started
too early.

I installed the osx startup items in the contrib directory and tweeked
the
startup script to point to the nonstandard place I have the binaries.

I now get a clean startup ( Stats collector on and Autovacuum on) and
as an
extra bonus dblink_connect is again resolving names :)

Whew!

Jerry

Сообщение: Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Сообщение: Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...