RE: Foriegn key constraint

От Trewern, Ben
Тема RE: Foriegn key constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I am pretty sure that the ALTER TABLE command does not do any checking when it creates the triggers which produce a foreign key constraint.  The DBA is assumed to have checked the tables before they create the constraint.  Best thing I can think of is to do is drop these triggers and then sort out your table before setting up your foreign key constraint.

Hope this helps

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Sivagami . [mailto:sivagami@worlddata.com]
Sent: 05 December 2000 22:04
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Foriegn key constraint

Hi,

I have a question. I tried adding a Foreign Key constraint to a table via the ALTER TABLE command. But the records in the table did not match with those in the Parent table. Now my Alter table command, instead of giving me an error of kind - 'records do not match',  has gone into a kind of Deadlock between the 2 tables. I am not able to select from the tables, nor delete them, nor drop them. If I try to do any of these, I get the error saying -

" Error :  RelationBuildTriggers: 2 record(s) not found for rel invoice"

How do I overcome this error. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Shiva.