Re: simple (?) join

От Oliveiros C,
Тема Re: simple (?) join
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello, Gary.

thank you for your e-mail

This is a slightly modified version of the query I sent you on first place
(have you tried it out?).

It will return (I hope :) the full orders record plus the maximum
ol_timestamp and respective o_user.

HTH
Best,
Oliveiros

SELECT subquery.*, orders_log.ol_user
FROM orders_log main
JOIN
(
SELECT orders.o_id, /* The remaining fields of orders go here */,
MAX(orders_log.ol_timestamp) as latest
FROM orders
NATURAL JOIN orders_log
GROUP BY orders.o_id, /* the remaining fields of orders go here */
) subquery
ON main.ol_timestamp = subquery.latest
AND main.o_id = subquery.o_id