Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server

От Rafael Martinez
Тема Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 24/06/10 12:42, Iwao Shikase wrote:

[.......]
>> If I mount the database cluster with caching in my environment, What kind of
>>  problem I will meet? Please give the information about the problem you met.
>
> It varies so much by NFS implementation and version that it is really
> hard to say.
>
> Personally, I would never, EVER run a database of any kind over nfs, but
> perhaps I'm just scarred by Linux's NFS implementation.

Hello, I agree with Craig 100%.

The experience we have had with different NFS versions/configurations in Linux in
the past , tells us that this is not a reliable solution for databases.

Others will say the oposite, but running PostgreSQL via NFS in Linux is from my
point of view, a disaster waiting to happen. I have to say too that we have not
tried this lately and that maybe things have improved since last time we testet.

regards,
--
Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
University of Oslo, Norway