Re: [HACKERS] The Accountant is not Amused

От Aaron J. Seigo
Тема Re: [HACKERS] The Accountant is not Amused
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
hi.

> Is this fixed in later versions?  If not, should I send in a patch?
>
>     -Michael Robinson

<SNIPPED OUT LOTS OF MONEY DATA TYPE STUFF>

apparently, the money time is deprecated and will be going the way of the
dinosaurs someday soon (so threaten the developers)

we used the money data type extensively in an installation i run... with the
news of money going out of style however =) we switched to numeric(9,2) which
works quite well...

still some quirks with numeric: no money->numeric (surprise), int2 doesn't play
well with numeric (but converts easily to int4 which does)...

it took me 2 days to rid our system of money and update all our code... and now
it works much nicer, too!

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Sys Admin

От: Michael Robinson
Сообщение: The Accountant is not Amused
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] The Accountant is not Amused