Re: [HACKERS] The Accountant is not Amused

От Michael Robinson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] The Accountant is not Amused
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Aaron J. Seigo" <aaron@gtv.ca> writes:
>still some quirks with numeric: no money->numeric (surprise), int2 doesn't play
>well with numeric (but converts easily to int4 which does)...

Do you pay taxes?

================
template1=> select 9.99::numeric(9,2) * 0.1;
ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '*' for types 'numeric' and 'float8'       You will have to retype this query
usingan explicit cast

template1=> select 9.99::numeric(9,2) * 0.1::float4;
ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '*' for types 'numeric' and 'float4'       You will have to retype this query
usingan explicit cast

I need a type that exhibits correct financial rounding behavior in tax
computations and currency conversions.  My understanding is that in the
U.S., you are supposed to compute to the mil, and then round.  In China
(my jurisdiction of concern), you just round to the nearest fen.
-Michael Robinson