Re: SQL statement is too long

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL statement is too long
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Miia Leino" <miia.leino@zeerio.com> writes:
> I'm using PostgreSQL 7.2.3-2. Now with one insert that is trying to put
> long string to the text typed field postgre is giving an error SQL
> statement is too long.

The backend limit on SQL statement length was long gone in 7.2.  But
IIRC there were still some client libraries that hadn't gotten the word,
and would "helpfully" complain instead of sending what had once been an
overlength query.

The short answer is to update your Postgres installation, client
libraries as well as server.  7.2.3 is pretty long in the tooth anyway.