Re: Does it exist a embedded server ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Does it exist a embedded server ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
=?iso-8859-1?q?Yannick=20Tailliez?= <yannickta@yahoo.com> writes:
>   I would like to know if it exist, in Postgresql, the same possibility offer
> by Mysql with Embedded Mysql : Put the database server in the client, to have
> one binary with both the client and the server inside ?

Nope, and most of the PG developers think that such a thing would be an
actively bad idea.  If you do that, any error in the client code has the
direct potential for corrupting the internal state of the database.
With a client/server model, the database has some chance of defending
itself, because it's not sharing an address space with client code.

Just because MySQL will do it doesn't make it a good idea ;-)