Re: Removing archived wal files on Master

От Fabio Pardi
Тема Re: Removing archived wal files on Master
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Michael,

archived WAL files are not only useful to a standby server, but are also used for Point In Time Recovery.

regards,

fabio

On 22-02-19 12:19, Michael King wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently acquired a legacy server. This is running Postgresql 9.3 on Ubuntu 16.04.
> There is around 200GB worth of archived wal files (~12,500 files)  located on /var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main/archive.
> I have checked and can confirm that this is a standalone server without any Replication setup and no secondary/slave
servertalking to it.

> Checking the /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf file (write ahead log section), shows the following:
> wal_level = minimal
> archive_mode = off
> archive_command = 'test ! -f /var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main/archive/%f && cp -i %p
/var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main/archive/%f</dev/null'

> Replication section shows all default values.
>
> Could you please advice how I can cleanup all of these 200GB worth of files.
> I've searched through numerous postgresql books/blogs/articles which all have very good advise on how to setup wal
archivingbut unfortunately not on how to disable it.

От: Michael King
Сообщение: Re: Removing archived wal files on Master
От: Michael King
Сообщение: Re: Removing archived wal files on Master