Re: Calling Java from psql (was Re: requesting help)

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: Calling Java from psql (was Re: requesting help)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Quoting A James Lewis <james@fsck.co.uk>:

> Before I go investigating this, is it possible to trigger an arbitrary
> program from the SQL, say a shell script?

In theory yes, but I'd suspect not a good idea.

Even more so with java, as the JVM's startup time is pretty big. Having it talk
to an already running JVM is the best option.

> Also, why am I getting "not subscribed messages", I am subscribed since
> I'm replying to a message that was sent to me!!

I'm getting that with the patches list as well.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/