Re: Git out of sync vs. CVS

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Git out of sync vs. CVS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 17:11, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:
>> So add me to the list of people who think that if
>> these are going to be recurring, we should look at moving from cvs
>> to git as soon as 9.0 is released.
>
> The gating factor is not release schedule; it is the still-unaddressed
> tasks that must be done before we can consider moving.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Switching_PostgreSQL_from_CVS_to_Git

Assuming git-cvsserver works as advertised (which we should verify of
course) there are really only two points left:
"Confirm past releases can be built identically from Git, using binary diff "
which I intend to look at, and
"Provide backport examples "
which Heikki has promised to look at

Unless the NLS scripts actually do commits, in which case they also
have to be changed.

So the list really isn't very long. I think it's perfectly possible to
clear it off before the release. Because we still only want to change
after the release, or are you saying once those are fixed, we can
change even if we happen to be in beta at the time?