Re: 'replication' keyword on .pgpass (Streaming Replication)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: 'replication' keyword on .pgpass (Streaming Replication)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:21, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> However, wouldn't it make more logical sense to replace "host/hostssl"
>> with "replication/replicationssl" rather than overload the database
>> field?
>
> Seems good. How about the following formats?
>
>  replication     user  CIDR-address  auth-method  [auth-options]
>  replicationssl  user  CIDR-address  auth-method  [auth-options]
>  replication     user  IP-address  IP-mask  auth-method  [auth-options]
>  replicationssl  user  IP-address  IP-mask  auth-method  [auth-options]
>
> Note that "database" field has been removed since it's useless
> for replication.

Hm, no, I think I withdraw my comment about pg_hba.conf. It seems
better to overload the database name here. I'm not particularly keen
on yet another different set of columns, which is what happens when
you remove the database field.

Сообщение: Re: 'replication' keyword on .pgpass (Streaming Replication)
Сообщение: Re: 'replication' keyword on .pgpass (Streaming Replication)