Re: Build PG 8.4 (MinGW vs. MSVC)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Build PG 8.4 (MinGW vs. MSVC)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/9/18 el dorado <do_ra_do@mail.ru>:
> Hello!
> I need to build PG 8.4 from sources for WinXP. There are two ways to do it: by means of MinGW of by means of MSVC.
FirstlyI used MinGW (gcc), but unfortunately I noticed some problems with result biniries (f.e.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2009-09/msg00526.php).
> What is recommended now for building PG 8.4 for WinXP? Is it better to use MSVC compiler?
> Thank in advance.

MingW is perfectly supported, and we know people use it.

MSVC is the recommended one I'd say, mainly because that's how the
official binaries are built, so the results are much more well-tested.
It also produces builds that are compatible with standard platform
debugger and profiling tools.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

От: el dorado
Сообщение: Build PG 8.4 (MinGW vs. MSVC)
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: Does PG cache results of an aggregate function, (and results of non-volatile functions)?