Re: Restoration

От vrms
Тема Re: Restoration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
hi,

On 6/22/24 10:11 PM, Wasim Devale wrote:
> Can I restore backup from barman which has postgresql 12 version's
> backup to postgresql 13? Will the extension's work. Please advise or
> any suggestions.

without being 100% certain, I would say ...

   1. barman creates a physical copy of the data directory
   2. the data directory does work for the version it was created with
via initdb
       so you can not just run your pg12 restore on a pg13 instance
   3. restoring the data directory plus running pg_upgrade should do the
job though