Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Chris Browne wrote:
>> mbertheau.pg@googlemail.com ("Markus Bertheau") writes:
>>> Any reason psql doesn't do this by default?
>>
>> I fairly frequently find myself accessing different (but similar)
>> databases, and it's quite valuable to be able to submit the *same*
>> queries to them.
>>
>> This change would make it troublesome to do that.  I'd not be all that
>> keen on the change...

> Just what I was thinking.

+1 on not changing the default behavior.  However, this discussion
makes me wonder just how well the hack recommended by the psql man page
actually works.  What happens if you use \c to change databases during
a psql session?  What *should* happen, if you're trying to keep
per-database histories?

Сообщение: Re: Automatically setting work_mem
Сообщение: Re: Automatically setting work_mem