Re: BUG #16102: Table can't be drop on PostgreSQL 10.09 if the table was created from PostgreSQL 10.10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16102: Table can't be drop on PostgreSQL 10.09 if the table was created from PostgreSQL 10.10
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Have anyone meet table can't be drop on PostgreSQL 10.09 if the table was
> created from PostgreSQL 10.10?

Certainly possible, seeing that the 10.10 release notes mention
additional dependency rules for partitioned tables:

    * Install dependencies to prevent dropping partition key columns

> 2) Remove v10.10 and use v10.09 start with same storage (our downgrade test
> on K8s, storage are decouple with application  )

It is not, never has been, and never will be supported to try to run
a cluster with an older server version after it's been modified by
a newer one.  We have enough trouble ensuring forwards compatibility.

Having said that, the 10.10 bug fix should only have made a difference in
cases where a table's partition key columns involve non-built-in types,
which isn't the case in your example.  I wonder whether this is pilot
error, e.g. you created and dropped the pgbench_accounts table in some
other schema than "public", but there's still one in "public".