Re: auto vacuum errors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: auto vacuum errors
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Isabella Ghiurea <isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> writes:
> I'm seeing a issue with some temp tables in contrib_regression db , the
> auto vacuum job will not run for this tables  due some files/QID's
> missing  how can I fix this  ?

Um ... in general, autovacuum just silently ignores temp tables, because
it doesn't have any way to access their contents.  (One of the reasons
that temp tables are fast is that the backend owning a temp table keeps
its data in local buffers, not in shared buffers that another process
could access.)  I wouldn't expect any "missing file" complaints though.
What exactly were you seeing?