Re: [HACKERS] Reference Guide

От dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Reference Guide
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing Reference Manual pages and I have some questions about...
>
> create rule:
>
>       The man page says ...
>
>            "The current rule system implementation is very brittle and
>             is unstable.  Users are discouraged from  using  rules  at
>             this time."
>
>       My question are:
>             Is this command a PostgreSQL deprecated feature ?
>             Sould I skip it ?
>             Does it works ?

The rule system is a key feature of PostgreSQL. It should not be deprecated,
if it doesn't work, it should be fixed.

-dg

David Gould            dg@illustra.com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
 - Linux. Not because it is free. Because it is better.